Wednesday, October 3, 2007

How refreshing!




On Tuesday afternoon I went through my purse and took out all of my credit cards (but one) and cut them all up. What a refreshing feeling!! My brother is a financial planner and counselor and has been helping me and giving me great advise to help me with a budget (such an ugly word sometimes.) He had talked sometime back about getting rid of my cards, but I just couldn't do it, but I just had an urge to do it on Tuesday. Okay, I didn't get rid of all them, I did keep one just in case! Baby steps right?

6 comments:

CityGirl said...

Way to go! Welcome to the minority in America!

CityGirl said...

Way to go Amanda! That took some courage to make that step. Don't worry if people say that its unsophisticated not to have a credit card. We are just a bunch of rednecks anyway.
Love, Jason

Anonymous said...

I too got rid of the credit cards a few years back. It is very nice to know that everything I have was bought and paid for. Yes, it is a pain at times. People don't understand when you say, "No I can't go to dinner and movie, because I have met my budget for the month." One friend said, "Don't you have a credit card?" She was floored when I told her no. I am proud to say I have zero credit card debt. Student loan debt is another issue. Good for you and you will feel so much better about what you buy and you will make wiser decisions about your purchases.

Michelle Johnson said...

Good for you!!!!!!!!!! I'm proud of you!

Life As I Know It said...

Go Amanda! Baby steps are better than no steps at all.

Angela said...

WAY TO GO!!! Welcome to the few of us who are debt free!! I too, have one credit card. It is ONLY for emergencies, like a major car repair. I guess I have two because I have one for my Scentsy business. Good for you, life is happier debt free, I promise you that. :) Miss you girl!!