Sunday, September 2, 2007

Will we be sleeping?

As I sat in church today and Pastor Matt read some verses in Romans (we are going through the book on Sunday mornings) I thought of this song by Casting Crowns. The message today was to take our Christian life seriously and know and heed that we are in a spiritual battle even if we choose to ignore that fact...it is very real. What we do as Christians truly does affect the body of Christ be it good or bad. The line in the song that says, "As we are sung to sleep by philosophies that save the trees and kill the children..." Think about that. How true is that, that our thinking is so screwed up that we care more for trees and plants than for a human? Where we spend eternity is very real. Pastor Adams used to say: There is a heaven, there is a hell, there is a hurry.

Please take time to listen to this song. It is 5 mintes, but really listen to the words and think about what is being said.

Will we be sleeping?

5 comments:

CityGirl said...

I wish i could listen to the song..no speakers hooked up. But, we had a similar message today. How we need to always be in battle in our Christian life and that just turning the other way does not help. We need to take stands and do all to Glorify Christ!

lovinthefam said...

Between the message this morning and Jon's message tonight - the Lord is convicting me of the fact that every minute counts and that I need to be ever mindful of the testimony of Christ in my life...

Michelle Johnson said...

That was awesome! I'm going to have to send that to my pastor and music director and see if they want to use that in our service.

Thanks for sharing that.

7harts01 said...

Ok! Talk about bringing tears to your eyes! Thank you for sharing that! I have never heard it before and I think that I going to have to get their CD!

Angela said...

Yes, thank you for sharing that!! I know that you and I don't share the same religion, that our beliefs differ on some things. When it comes down to it though, we are the same in our core beliefs as Christians. We know that Christ came to this earth, born of the virgin Mary, to bring His gospel to those who would accept, then, ultimately redeem us from our sins. How greatful I am that He did this for me, for you and for us all!! It is important that we as Christians, not "sleep". Too many things happen while we are "sleeping". That is a very thought provoking, inspirational song, thank you.