Friday, August 31, 2007

WIndy Wyoming and a triathlon.


Well, the first few days of the new school year is over and I must say that I'm ready for the week-end. I forget from year to year how little the incoming kinders really know...not much! It will take a few days to get routine and procedures down, but once we get them we'll really start cookin'.
Anyway, I forgot how windy Wyoming really is. I've been standing out at recess duty the last few days and the wind just howls and the dirt flys and after 15 minutes I am sweaty and gritty. Nice.



Tomorrow morning I am headed out for my first triathlon. It is a team sprint race. There are three of us. Linda will swim 1/2 mile, Joyce will bike a 20K and I will run 5K. This is going to be a great time. Maybe it will be an annual event...hopefully!
A very happy Friday night to all.

5 comments:

lovinthefam said...

Good luck on your first ever triathalon. I'm sure you will have a great time.

You are right, Wyo is windy. Maybe they should put up some wind turbines....

fab5 said...

Good luck! You are the woman! I wish you were here this year for moral support in my kinder. adventure! I survived the first week- I guess you have to start somewhere! I didn't even lose one of my 22!

Michelle Johnson said...

I told Jennifer Clegg, that Kindergarten teachers take preschoolsers, and turn them into students! :)

We had an aweful windstorm here yesterday. Our trampoline went flying!

I would love to do a team sprint race for a triathlon. I would kick at the swimming part! I love swimming. :)

CityGirl said...

Have fun!

I sure know what wind is all about! enjoy! ha ha ha !!!

hot potato said...

best of luck!