Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Field Trip

We took our yearly field trip today and it was so much fun!! Field trips are not my most favorite thing about being a teacher, only because they can be so hectic and busy. I'm also so worried that I'm going to loose someone. I should say that in the past years we go to the zoo, but this year we went to the Botanical Gardens. It was amazing! The kids were great, the parent volunteers was fantasic and the weather was nice. The ladies at the Botanical Gardens split the classes up into two groups. One group took a tour of the gardens and the other group talked about the water cycle and did a little science experiment. After both groups had gotten to do all the activities, we went to the park, at lunch, played on the play structure and then went back to school. It truly was a lovely day and one I will remember for quite sometime!!



Everyone enjoying a nice walk through the garden

Please use my hand as your plate! : )

4 comments:

hot potato said...

i have been to the botanical gardens a few times and have thought the same thing...although not with all those children. i am so glad you had a nice field trip. what a treat.

Angela said...

I love that picture of Tyler and Angie!! It looks like the Botanicle Gardens are amazing righit now. I wish I could have gone too, but enjoyed being with Madisen and Makenah today at the Bee. I'm glad it wasn't such a stressful field trip and one that you will remember!! See you in the morning. :)

Anonymous said...

I just got done with my second day of field trips. Both days at the Garden and Nature center too! I am pooped! It's almost eight and I am going to BED! My daughter is wanting a story, so I must muster up enough energy for a story!
Good Night! :)

lovinthefam said...

Our field trip was last Thursday to Storybook Island. It was fun but I was ready to go to bed when we got back. When I do things outside of my regular routine my body needs extra rest=)