Monday, May 28, 2007

A fun and "nutty" week-end.

I had the opportunity to spend about 3 full days with a good friend up in Coeur d'Alene Idaho over the Memorial Day week-end. I had never been up there before and it is truly beautiful. When I look at such beauty I am amazed at the glory and goodness of a wonderful God who created such places for us to enjoy. What a Wonderful Maker!! It was a week-end filled with a great bike ride on Saturday, a nice hike and relaxing day on Sunday, and great conversation and laughs the entire time. Below are some pictures and some narration. I invite you to experience my wonderful week-end with me.

FRIDAY



This is a view from Hwy. 55 on Friday. I didn't want to stop and take a picture, so I just stuck my hand and camera out the window. I don't think it turned out half bad!

SATURDAY

Entering one of the many tunnels. At the beginning of the trail you go through a pitch black tunnel that is 2 miles long! It took a few minutes for my eyes to adjust to only my headlamp, but once they did it was a fun time!

Looking down on a trellis. The longest one on the trail.

We drove to the Montana border on Saturday to ride the Trail of the Hiawatha. It is an old railroad bed made into a great biking trail. For more info. check out the website.
http://wallace-id.com/skilookout/taft.html

SUNDAY

We had a nice relaxing Sunday. The day started off rainy, but by mid afternoon, it had cleared up and we went on a nice hike.
On the way to the trail head, Patrick and I stopped at a convenience store for some water. We also picked up some great sugary bubble gum. The goal with the gum was to see who could chew the most pieces and still be able to talk and blow bubbles. The first one to get rid of their gum was the looser. I am glad to say that my days of chewing bubble gum came in handy...I won!! Although if Patrick hadn't spoken up when he did about being done chewing his wad, I was going to have too. My jaws were getting tired and sore.


The "wad" just before I threw it in the lake and it sunk like a rock.

The big bubble!

Would you believe that this is a picture of a pirates ship who had dropped their anchor and were coming onto land to kidnap us and take us to Bora, Bora...NO! Well, Patrick didn't believe that either. He was sure that the owner of the boat had taken the above "ordinary ship" out for a Sunday afternoon ride and the owners were just enjoying the day. I will let you believe what you want.

MONDAY

Although it was hard to leave such a fun, relaxing week-end, I had to, but not before I met up with some family friends who I hadn't seen for about 6 years. You have a sweet family Phil and Ashley!
On the way home I got to eat at my favorite fast food place. Taco John's. That made the trip home a little better.


Thank you P.W. for being a great host. I have some great memories!!

4 comments:

CityGirl said...

It looks like you had a great weekend. Phil and Ashley enjoyed their time with you a lot. Your gum thing was funny! Jason and you should hit a taco Johns next time we're together. It must be a Coleman thing :)

lovinthefam said...

Beautiful pictures! It sounds like your weekend was wonderful. You are fortunate to have such fun friends.

Angela said...

I'm glad you had a fun, safe, memorable weekend. I'm sorry I spoiled a moment :) The pics are beautiful. It sounds like an amazing place to visit. Wish I had more time here to take advantage of such a beautiful place. Northern Kentucky/Ohio is very beautiful as well. I hope you do come visit. I am laughing about the whole gum "wad" picture. That is funny. Fun, crazy times!!

Michelle Johnson said...

Wow! What a fun weekend! I wish I could do all of that with Joe. :)