Tuesday, April 3, 2007

on the move.

I am happy to report that I was offered an all day kindergarten position at Rawhide Elementary in Gillette, Wyoming. I am very excited to be making this change in my life. Although it is an exciting time for me it is also bittersweet. I will be leaving behind some very close friends and family. I know that not everyone understands why I've chosen to make this decision, but I need for them to trust me and know that it was not made on a whim! I am not moving because of the "big break up" or because of the money. God has been working in my life for sometime and I knew that He was prompting me to move. I just didn't know the location...till now.

There are still a few details that I'm working out, but all in all it is going smoothly. The picture below is of a night rodeo in Gillette. I'm excited to get back to my roots. I've told the ladies at work that I am sure that my dad is hoping that I'll find myself a good cowboy and leave the firefighter behind (they cause nothing but trouble and heartache)!! I've also included some other pictures that represent my "new town".
I covet your prayers as I venture out into this new adventure. Like I mentioned earlier it will be very hard to leave behind my smallgroup, family, church and work friends. I won't be leaving until summer, so I have plenty of time left here for fun times and hanging out!!





9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your new job. One thing I have learned and am still learning is that maybe not everyone else understands, but when we understand that God has placed 'something' on our heart...we listen. We'll be praying for you and the upcoming weeks of treasured times!!

Angela said...

You will do great because this is what you have been praying and preparing for. "You don't have to perspire over what's inspired", don't know where that is from, but I like the saying. Maybe this is you'r "what's next" and the "rest of your life". I think that it is great that you not only have felt the proptings of God's will for you, but you are following them as well. You are in my prayers and I will indeed miss you. You will always be welcome for a Cincinnati visit!!

Lorilu said...

Good for you! I am excited for you and your new adventure! Can't wait to hear all the details!

Michelle Johnson said...

I'm so happy for you. This is a great step for you. I love the name of your new school! Rawhide! So cute. I know that you have felt called to move on and I wish you the very best.

I will miss you dearly and am very glad that you have this blog going so I can check in on how you're doing. And you and Angela can check on how your little angels are doing. :)

Candace Sweigart said...

So sorry to hear that you are leaving us, but thrilled that you are finding a new adventure! It takes a lot of courage to move and journey to a new life! I think it is awesome that you have this great new opportunity and can't wait to read tons of blogs from your new life in WY. :)

-You mentioned boxes. I don't think we'll have many extra because we're planning on storing our stuff in the garage and slowly moving stuff into the house. But I will keep my eyes and ears open for you!

Love ya,
Candace

hot potato said...

we always have the blog! that should be our motto. no matter where you go--we can stop on in for a cup of coffee and a little chat or just plain lurk!!! i am one of those who is sad about you leaving. you are such a fun, endearing, and comfortable soul for me to be around--that i don't find all too often. i trust you though. i know your not running, i know you are obeying the call on your life and the voice of our Lord. so with that, i stand behind your decision and wish only success for you.

we do have the summer. we will have to get out a few more times (me without the kids) before you head off to the rest of your life.

.....i love you my friend.

Anonymous said...

I remember being right where your at at one point in my life. You and God know what is best for your life. Listen to him. Yes, you are going to be missed something terrible. Good people like you don't come along very often. Your the most honest, sincere, and genuine person I have met in along time. I hope your job is everything you hope for and I hope that you find a Godly and HOT cowboy to sweep you off your feet!! You deserve only the best! Don't forget that and if something is telling you different, RRRRRRRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNN!
I wonder if they have bowling in Gillette? :)
We love you!

Anonymous said...

I am SO excited to have you closer. You won't know what to do with yourself with only 20 kids all day long! Imagine all the fun things they are going to learn - especially from a wonderful teacher like you!

SPARKY said...

i did not know you had gotten a job. i'm excited for you for your new adventure, but sad that you are leaving us.