Sunday, April 15, 2007

a good friend.


I was able to hang out with a great friend last night. Something we hadn't done for quite sometime, only because our schedules have been super busy. We enjoyed a great supper together and then hopped in my car to make an ice cream run. As we were driving to the store, a lot of fun times and memories came flooding back to us. We talked, laughed and cried about some very fond memories that we share together.

When we got back to the house, we went upstairs into her office and did one of my most favorite things to do...we listened to music and read lyrics of songs that touched our lives at different times. A lot of these songs take us back to the same place...last summer. This good friend of mine is also my Aunt. She was my rock last summer when I went through a very devastating time. So when my Uncle walked into the room he found two ladies laying on the floor, talking, laughing and crying.

Thank you L.R. for having the same passion about lyrics and music as I do. I greatly enjoyed last night and it does make me sad to think that in a few months our times of doing that will be few and far between, but NEVER forgotten. Thank you for loving me when I have not always been lovable and thank you for loving me through some hard times.

12 comments:

Angela said...

What a great memory for you and for your Aunt. It's wonderful when something like music and lyrics can be such a commonality, (and ice cream too). It sounds, and looks like, you had a wonderful evening with a wonderful family member and a good friend. I will see you in the morning with speghetti for us both (not for breakfast though, unless we have the malt balls to go with it)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the memories! They aren't over...we have a few more months to spoil you!

I love you!

LR

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you have had family close by to hang out with and bond! What treasures those days will be!!

Unknown said...

Thanks for the visit! I'll certainly keep an eye on your blog too!

SPARKY said...

i love to share moments like that. i know why you love that gal so much. she's an amazing person. my bros and i have the same love. we've always been very in to lyrics and music. we love to share new songs with each other and sing them. music's always been a big part of our lives.

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful tribute to a wonderful friend. It makes it even more special that she is your aunty - that is insurance that you'll get to see her again and again. Treasure the time you have together!

Candace Sweigart said...

Ooh L.R. is amazing isn't she? What a great friend and example.

Candace

hot potato said...

i love the picture of the two of you. i have always thought the two of you look alike! sounds like you both had a nice "girl" night. i know you value times like that. i too love L.R. i have always thought she had amazing energy and huge commitment to friends and family. what a blessing for you to have eachother!

Michelle Johnson said...

You two look like you were having a great time. I'm glad you have such a good friend, and aunt. I wish we could ahve gotten to know each other better. I'm glad to have known you. I'm also glad that you got to be F's Kindergarten teacher. She will always remember you. :)

P.S. I love Icecream! :)

Candace Sweigart said...

Hey there sweetie! How is the move going? I hope that you're having a great week.

Candace

Katie said...

I am candyandladybug's sister. I was just checking out her blog links on her blog. I am very impressed by what you have written on your blog. It seems you have a very energetic and ready for what comes next kind of spirit. You sound a lot like me. It always feels good to meet a kindred spirit.

Undiscovered singer said...

I am so glad you had a great time with your friend/aunt. I also have a very close family and enjoy time with them. I am glad you have become my friend again after our brief seperation, even though you did not put me back on your buddy list. I will miss you next year. Never forget that I made your class disappear for a few minutes. LOL-CB