Saturday, March 24, 2007

I'm late, I'm late for a very important...


I woke up on Thursday morning, looked at my clock and closed my eyes again. Just to pop them open and take another look at the clock. Was I reading the time right? Did it really say 8:20? No, it couldn't! My clock is either telling the wrong time or this is a dream/nighmare. I crawled out of bed and walked around my apartment looking at all the clocks to see if it really was 8:20. Guess what? It was. I was late for work! I had to be at work by 8:30 and class started at 9:00. Needless to say I was having a little panic attack. I called the school and told them what happened and everything turned out fine, but it was not the best way to start the day. Thanks Angela for helping me out and getting the day started with the kiddos!! I went and bought a new alarm clock. I don't know if I never set my alarm the night before or if I had turned it off sometime in the night. It will always be a mystery.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

YIKES!! I bet you did have a panic attack! Thank goodness it was the end of the week and not a bad start at the beginning of the week!!

SPARKY said...

i know this feeling. i've been there. it sucks. i've been there for work, worship team (sunday morning when i was singing a solo), and school...of course on a day i could not miss. ugh. sometimes our bodies have a mind of their own. this is why we need multiple clocks :o)

Angela said...

That did inhale profusely for you!!!!! I thought it a bit humorous when I received your "drag-my-butt-out-of-bed-and-FREAK-OUT" voice on the other end of the phone. ;) I'm glad I was able to help!!!! It ended up being a great day anyway and the ladybug projects were a nice change of pace for the kids. :)