Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Happy 30th Birthday Jason!


I was able to fly home this past week-end to surprise my brother. His wife, Leah, planned a great birthday party for his 30th. My parent picked me up at the airport in Rapid City and we drove to Nebraska. The party was in the basement of the church. It was a great turn out. We ate Indian Tacos, one of Jason's favorite meals and had some homemade Angelfood Cake that Leah made. After we ate, we had a wild night of cards. The men played Pit, while the ladies played Pitch. Saturday morning I got to play with the kids for awhile. They were a little emotional from being up so late on Friday night, but they were still fun. It was such a sweet time of being together. We headed back to Hot Springs Saturday afternoon and I was able to spend some time at home with my folks before I flew back to Boise yesterday afternoon.
I was glad to get back to work today. I am grateful for the few days off, but I needed to get back to my "kids" and get them back on a normal routine. They can only handle a sub for so long! Have a good one all!!

4 comments:

Angela said...

It sounds like you had a fun, but very busy 4 days. I'm glad you were able to make it. Your pictures are great. I love that you put up a new slide show. Your neice eating chips off the floor made me giggle. I missed seeing your face in class. You really are a great, inspiring teacher. Your Mom must be so proud of you and your accomplishments. Happy Valentine's Day!!!

Anonymous said...

It was so fun having you all here to celebrate. What great memories. Thanks for coming.

Anonymous said...

The party was wonderful and we loved spending the time with all of you. What a special weekend. It amazes me that Jason has been able to age while his parents stay about the same age! What's gonna happen when he gets older than his mom? Hmmmm?

Barry Hughes said...

That basement brings back some memmories!
www.nsideconnections.blogspot.com