Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Foto Phun!

Over the summer I was able to go back home for a long week-end and it was a nice realxing time. Because my family lives in the Black Hills of South Dakota, there are a lot of tourists and sometimes I envy them and the enjoyment they get from visiting the Black Hills area. I think that a lot of time, the people who live in the area take the beauty and neat attractions for granted. It truly is an amazingly beautiful place. So, while I was home, I wanted to play tourist for a day. I wanted to go to Mt. Rushmore, take a drive through Custer State Park, go into Keystone, get fresh pulled taffey and also get an old-time photo taken. When I was a little girl, our family came to South Dakota on a vacation and we had gotten an old photo taken then and I thought it would be fun to do it again. We had such a wild time. When my dad walked into the studio, I giggled so hard with him in his floppy hat and too small boots they gave him to wear. The above picture sits in my living room and I look upon it with fondness and think of how blessed I am to have the parents I have and how fun they are!!

7 comments:

Angela said...

What a great photo. It sounds like you had a fun time "playing" tourist. Before my parents split up, we had an old time photo done at Universal Studios. I think I was 10, but I love that photo too. The costumes are always a hoot. Have a good night.

Anonymous said...

That was a very fun day. We always enjoy it when our kids/grandkids come for a visit. The time goes way too fast - just like it did last summer when you came home. I treasure the memories!

SPARKY said...

great picture. aren't you sexy!!! :o)

Michelle Johnson said...

What a great picture! I think I'll have to do something like that next time I see my parents. I haven't had a picture taken with them in so long! It would be fun to have a picture of just them and me. :-)

Michelle Johnson said...

And mom, my visits with my mom go by so fast too. They seem to take forever to get here, and then are done in the blink of an eye.

Anonymous said...

Dad said:That was fun.Thanks for the memories.Happy Trails.

Anonymous said...

I've always wanted to take an old fashioned picture. Looks like you had fun doing it! Fun Fun Fun!!!