Friday, February 16, 2007

Beautiful Winter Day

As I sit in my classroom gazing out the window, I'm thinking about what a beautiful winter day it is. I know that I'm having to work inside today, but that doesn't take away from the beauty of the day. I've been reminded today in small ways of how good God is. I've been reading the new Max Lucado book, Facing your Giants. It is the story of David. I don't have time to go into it right now, but it talks about how David made some major mistakes in his life, but he also was a man after God's own heart. If you really think about it, that is HUGE!!
Today God has just been reminding me in little ways that he is there and He does care about me. That is a very beautiful thing!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the reminder, Amanda. I, too, have been reminded this week of His love. I am encouraged by them. Such timely reminders. :)

Anonymous said...

We have so much to be thankful for - things we often take for granted. Mercifully, God is gracious! Seeing you grow spiritually blesses my heart more than you can ever know.

Michelle Johnson said...

I'll have to get that book and read it too. I'm always looking for new books. I love Max's books. I have the one "It's not about me." I'll have to get it out and read it. I haven't had a chance to read it.

I don't know what I'd do without my faith. Life sure would be harder!

Undiscovered singer said...

I too marvel at God's greatness, and finding Him in nature. Have you seen the movie "Facing the Giants"? It is a fairly low budget movie, but a powerful message. Looking forward to seeing you on Thursday.