Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Summer is over.


Well, summer is officially over. I started back to school last week with a writing and math workshop. This week and next are for new district hires orientation and then the kiddos come on the 29th. The school I'm going to be at is Rawhide Elementary and is a rural school. It is about 8 miles outside of Gillette. It is under some major construction and is "supposed" to be done by Monday. We'll see. When it is finished it is going to be great with lots of room and some of the newest technology available in our classrooms. I've included an older picture, but will post some newer ones as soon as we are in our classrooms.

Happy end of summer everyone!!

6 comments:

CityGirl said...

so, it must not be a one room school you're at. sounds like fun having the first day of school just around the corner. can't believe summer's gone already! sniff sniff!!

CityGirl said...

ps. love the old picture. i always wonder what they were thinking back then. what it was like.

Angela said...

Will you have air conditioning, heat and plumbing? I'm sure your bike cost twice as much as the car in that photo. :)
Happy "End of Summer" to you too. They are never long enough, and yet with kids, too long!! We have inservice on the 24th, then back to school on the 27th.
Can't wait to see the updated pics of the school. :)

7harts01 said...

I am so glad that they are remodeling!=) Can you imagine life back then? In some ways, life would have been so much simpler...but it's not!=) I can't believe that summer is "over"! It's gone by so fast, but I am ready for the more relaxed, slow, life that comes along with winter! And I can't wait to have my fireplaces going!! Anyway! See you later today!

Michelle Johnson said...

Wow! I hope that in the renivations they painted the school. The paint looks like it is peeling in that picture. hehe!

Where did the summer go? The girls are very ready to get back to school. I am too. I'll miss sleeping in though. :)

lovinthefam said...

Welcome to rural America! At least the commute won't be so bad!

I love the picture. Are you the tall one in the back?