Monday, June 4, 2007

a sad good-bye.


good·bye or good-bye also good-by (gŏŏd-bī')
interj. Used to express an acknowledgment of parting.

n. pl. good·byes or good-byes also good-bys
  1. An acknowledgment at parting, especially by saying "goodbye."
  2. An act of parting or leave-taking: many sad goodbyes.
This sums up my week. It has already been and will continue to be an emotional week. School ends on Wednesday and as much as I'm looking forward to that, it is always hard. I've spent almost everyday over the past 9 months with these 60 kiddos.
I'm having to say good-bye to my good friend Angela who is moving to Ohio on Wednesday, my great friend Chrisy whom I work with, my small group and all my Idaho family. I am packing up and leaving on Saturday. Saying good-bye has always been hard for me. I would rather just leave than have to deal with the stress and emotion of everything, but as I get older I realize that I need that closure.
Thank you to all who have supported me in this transition.
I will be back!
You can't get rid of me that easy...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

“People so seldom say I love you, And then it's either too late or love goes. So when I tell you I love you, It doesn't mean I know you'll never go, Only that I wish you didn't have to.”

I love you!

Anonymous said...

"I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel." ~ Maya Angelou

. . . had I been blessed with a daughter, my only hope is that she would have been as incredible as you!

I love you!

Anonymous said...

If you hold on to the handle, she said, it's easier to maintain the illusion of control. But it's more fun if you just let the wind carry you. ~ Brian Andreas

And in Wyoming, there's a lot of wind to carry you - so have fun!

Angela said...

I too, HATE long drawn out goodbys. It is important to say them for closure, but nontheless, after going through that so many times, it never gets easier!!

I will miss your sweet smiling face 5 days a week, your bright countinence, closing the door for "venting" sessions, your overflowing personality, and hearing about your single-life "adventures"!! So, take this as my goodbye because I will not be speaking these words tonight. I will only be having a fun time with a great friend before my permanent "road-trip"!! If there is one thing I have learned in life, God is always in charge. We are going where we need to go!!

I have told you before, God has given you the gift of being an amazing teacher!! The children you will teach next year will be blessed by your abilities.

I do hope I am not getting "rid" of you that easily and that you will come visit. Until then, I will miss you and look forward to hearing about your new Wyoming "adventures". You have made an imprint on my heart and I thank you for your friendship.

hot potato said...

i will miss you my friend. i would think this week would be almost too full of emotion. i hope you have some fun moments throughout though. have fun tonight at the concert.

your friendships run deep because you give the most of yourself to them. that's why you are "feeling" the weight of this week. but that's okay. you are supposed to feel life...even the mixed times.

like i told you last night, when you leave the earth will shift and everyone that you've touched will feel that shift.

Candace Sweigart said...

Hey, I love your new blog template! It looks awesome :)

C

Anonymous said...

Go Confidently
in the Direction of Your DREAMS
Live the Life You've Imagined