Saturday, June 16, 2007

Father's Day!

I love the smile my dad has in the above picture. It is not very often that a grin/laugh like that gets caught on camera...priceless!!

As Father's Day approaches tomorrow it got me thinking about all the things I have to celebrate. I've come up with a list of qualities and attributes that define my dad. I know that there is no way I could exhaust the list by any means,but I can at least get a few words down for all of my readers to see what an amazing man he is!
*selfless
*loving
*hardworking
*godly
*provider
*supportive
*patriotic
*fun
*great sense of humor
*stong character
*trustworthy
*unconditional love
*patient
*loves my mom
*places his family first
*not easily swayed
This is just the tip of the iceburg. For those of you who have not had the opportunity to meet this man, well, it is your loss! Maybe someday you will be lucky enough to get to know him on some level.

I have included the lyrics of a song. Everytime I hear this song, I always think of my dad.

Happy Father's Day dad! I love you.

I remember Daddy´s hands, folded silently in prayer.
And reaching out to hold me, when I had a nightmare.
You could read quite a story, in the callouses and lines.
Years of work and worry had left their mark behind.
I remember Daddy´s hands, how they held my Mama tight,
And patted my back, for something done right.
There are things that I´ve forgotten, that I loved about the man,
But I´ll always remember the love in Daddy´s hands.

Daddy's hands were soft and kind when I was cryin´.
Daddy´s hands, were hard as steel when I´d done wrong.
Daddy´s hands, weren´t always gentle But I´ve come to understand.
There was always love in Daddy´s hands.

I remember Daddy´s hands, working 'til they bled.
Sacrificed unselfishly, just to keep us all fed.
If I could do things over, I´d live my life again.
And never take for granted the love in Daddy´s hands.

Daddy's hands were soft and kind when I was cryin´.
Daddy´s hands, were hard as steel when I´d done wrong.
Daddy´s hands, weren´t always gentle But I´ve come to understand.
There was always love in Daddy´s hands.

5 comments:

CityGirl said...

He is a wonderful Father and Father in law to me! What a tribute and I am sure this will just make your Dad bust at the seems with happiness...nothing like knowing your child loves you AND tells you!

Anonymous said...

I love that song! You are a lucky girl to have such a wonderful man for a father. You deserve to have the same kind of man for husband. Keep the bar set high and don't settle for less than what you deserve. Your other father has a plan for your life. Trust and be patient. It will all happen on his watch, not yours. You deserve only the best! I miss you and love you!

Michelle Johnson said...

Dang! I thought I'd posted about your dad, but I forgot. He is a great guy. And whom ever you find for a husband has a lot to live up to! :)

Angela said...

I am greatful for the opportunity I had in meeting your mom and dad. They have done an amazing job in raising such a daughter. I can see everyone of those words in that particular song, come to life in your father, and how he raised you. I love that song and I hope your dad had a wonderful day :)

CityGirl said...

Who are those cute kids to the right? :)