Monday, March 12, 2007

LOCKED OUT!!


This afternoon my little Tyler N. locked everyone out of the ERR (extended resource room). He had just delivered the afternoon milk into my classroom and that little guy hightailed it back to the ERR and shut the door. There wasn't anyone in that room at the time and his aid, Miss Angela, was just leaving my room, but she was too late! He had already shut the door tightly and had pulled himself onto the swing. He was very content to just sit on the swing and relax. Meanwhile, Miss Angela was in the hall looking through the window at him and knocking on the door and pointing at him to come open the door. That little turkey just smiled at her and turned around on the swing so he wouldn't have to look at her. Miss Angela came back to my room and go Mrs. Williams to see if she could get Tyler to come open the door, but had no such luck. So, they came and got me. Using my most stern "teacher" voice ( and not trying to laugh) I told Tyler to come open the door. He wasn't going to, but after a moment or two decided to give-in to the 3 adults standing out in the hall and opened the door for us. As he opened the door, he just looked at us, giggled and walked back to the swing.

My Tyler N. is too precious!!

6 comments:

Angela said...

YES HE IS!!!!! And, as Kristi pointed out, we could have just gone through the preschool room. But, nonetheless, he was pretty funny just sitting there on that swing with his back to us, SMILING.
You must have the great "mean" teacher voice. That boy loves you!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Baby:Enjoyed your story about Tyler N.He is so cute.Didn't sound like he wanted to let the fox in the Hen House so to speak.Hope your having a good day.Love you Dad.

Michelle Johnson said...

This cracked me up! You girls could have gone through the preschool or Resource room. hehehehehehehehehehe! That Tyler is a hand full, but he's so cute that it just makes it all the more endearing. :)

Candace Sweigart said...

YOU ARE SO GIFTED!!! I can't believe that after that ordeal you are so happy and calm. Wow! I'm admiring your incredible gift of patience.

Hope you have a better day!

Candace

Louisiana Belle said...

That's hilarious! I can see my kids pulling a stunt like that- can't say that I would find it as funny then, though. I miss you, girlie- we must get together soon!

Anonymous said...

Gotta love em! He looks adorable. Great post! It made me laugh out loud. They are blessings from God!