Friday, February 23, 2007

Birthday fun!



My Cousin Kendra and I share very close birthdays. Hers is the 22nd of February and mine is the 25th. I feel like we have been celebrating all week. It started out on Wednesday night when Kendra and Sarah came to my house and t.p.ed it and then kidnapped me and we went and "hit" three other houses. After the dirty work was done and we had captured 3 other ladies, we went to IHOP for some early morning sweets. It was about 3:3o on Thursday morning by the time I got to bed. It was a fun time. Kendra turned 30 this year and she wanted to go out in style. I wish I had pictures to share, but I didn't take my camera with me on the "attacks"!
Kendra's party was on Thursday night. A group of us met at Shorty's for some line dancing lessons and darts. I have never lined danced in my life, but I really enjoyed it. You can certainly tell who the regulars are on Thursdays. They know their dancin'!
On Friday as I walked into my classroom, I was met with a beautifully decorated room. It was a great birthday surprise. I have two wonderful ladies that work in my room and they treat me so well. They had planned a little party for me. Mrs. Williams and Miss Angela are so very sweet and thoughtful. I am blessed to get to work with them.




12 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like a very fun time!! How nice to have so many people to help celebrate with!!!

SPARKY said...

your blogname is cowgirl roots....and you've never lined danced? what kind of city slicker sheltered life have you lived? :o)
i love to line dance. so much so that i went out onto the dance floor in nashville at a big bar/restaurant and danced by myself!

Alaskagirl said...

Well my dear Sparky, I grew up in a VERY rural area and was taught that only cityslickers lined danced. I learned real country swing dancin' at rodeo dances and high school dances. You are brave to go out onto a dance floor all by yourself. I don't think I could!!

Michelle Johnson said...

I'm glad you had a fun birthday week! :) It was fun for us too. :)

Angela said...

I would love it if you would email me some of your birthday pics. Send them to astippets@aol.com The one of you and I that Scott took, each of the gift baskets and the two you have on your blog for sure. Send me any others that turned out especially cute. Have a great day today!!!!!
- Happy Birthday!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! You are truly blessed to have so many people who love you and want to celebrate your life. I'm sorry I can't be there. Have a wonderful day. I love you.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!

Alaskagirl said...

Patrick! Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment!! I hope you had a great week.

hot potato said...

happiest of birthday to you! i wish i could have helped you celebrate--we'll combine our efforts when we go to see rascal flatts!

Candace Sweigart said...

I had SO much fun hanging with you at Kendra's party! Happy Birthday and I'm sorry that I wasn't able to make your celebration! I promise to make it up to you :)
How has your week gone? I hope good.

Love you!
Candace

Alaskagirl said...

Candace! I am so glad that you stopped by. I had a fabulous time with you as well. It was just a sad reminder of how long our time is between events. I would love to get together and do some scrapbooking somtime after spring break. So far my week is going well! How about yours?
Love you too!!
A

Anonymous said...

Dad said...Love your Brithday Hat.And the things that bring a smile to your heart.Tell the children hi.