Sunday, January 28, 2007

Very Fun!!




I know that you are all wondering about the GS concert...it was even more than I could have imagined. Like I mentioned on Friday the tickets that we had were 4th row ON THE FLOOR. When he first came out onto the stage he walked right over to our side and I made my way to the first row and was about 10 feet from King George himself. Yes, I will say it again: 10 FEET and he looked at me. We had a moment between us!
Along with going to the concert of a life time, my dad went to work with me on Friday morning. He was wonderful and the kids loved him (what's not to love though?)! They read to him and he read to them. He helped with an art project. It was just a great day. It was also a fun week-end with him. We have made it an annual event for him to come out every year and it is such a sweet precious time that we share together. He leaves tomorrow morning and I'm afraid that he will have to go home and rest-up from his vacation.
I hope that everyone had a great weed-end!

8 comments:

Michelle Johnson said...

That sounds like so much fun! I wish I could have that one on one time with my dad too. And with King George! Whew! :) Sounds like you both had a great time. See you in the morning!

hot potato said...

i could just cry! i am so jealous, in a good way, that you got that time with your dad. any time that i get to spend with mine is worth more than any amount of money you can give me. what fun having him for a whole weekend. i really enjoyed meeting him today. see you tomorrow.

Angela said...

Standing 5 feet away from your dad about gave me goosebumps :) What a handsome man. No wonder you are having a hard time finding someone. Look at what he would have to live up to. I am so happy that you got to go and share the time with your dad and George. I think it is great that you two do that annually- way cool. Can't wait to see your bright, smiling face tomorrow.

Angela said...

By the way, I did have a great weed-end. :)

Anonymous said...

Your dad looks like a natural with all those readers! I'll bet your class had fun reading to him. With all the pointers it must have been tricky trying to figure out exactly which word he was on! K/1

SPARKY said...

it was nice meeting your father. i'm so glad you had some time w/him. i can't imagine how much you must miss him.

Anonymous said...

It looks like you and Gale had a great time!!! And it looks like your class loved him...no surprise there!!!

Anonymous said...

That is so neat that your dad got to come to your class. It looks like the kids loved it! Great pictures. Glad you had fun with you dad!