Friday, February 1, 2008



I am enjoying my time teaching in Gillette, Wyoming! Things happen here that make you shake your head and say to yourself, "only in wyoming!" Some of the "head shakers" this year are:

1. I had one little boy come into the classroom singing the theme song to Smokey and the Bandit. He knew the whole thing.

2. Where else does your entire room shake from the mine across the road blasting and the kids say, "must be a blasting day!"

3. A lot of my boys got BB guns for Christmas and when telling stories about getting to shoot them they clarify that they get to shoot their dad's EMPTY beer cans.

Everyday is something new to laugh about and appreciate. The kids and parents in my class are very sweet and helpful people.

Happy Week-end all.

5 comments:

Michelle Johnson said...

OH MY GOSH! That is hilarious! :) Gotta love the kinders! :) I'm back in the kinder room. I'm working with Debbie. Those kids crack me up! :)

Angela said...

Too funny! I could say the same for Kentucky, you know, it's just down the road from me and they are all over the local Wal-Mart.

lovinthefam said...

I love how you can appreciate the little things in your day and find humor in them! Little kids crack me up!

7harts01 said...

I hope your not getting too attached!=) J/K I'm glad that everything is going good for you and that you are having fun! You r kiddos sound like a kick! Hope you are felling better and I will see you soon!

Lorilu said...

You could have your own "red neck" show! LOL Very cute!