Thursday, July 26, 2007

relaxing...or trying to!



As most of my readers know, I have spent the last week with my two little nieces. They were safely returned back to their parents on Tuesday evening and I was back home by Wednesday evening; and I've got to say that my butt is dragging!! It was a wonderful time, don't get me wong, but I had no idea how much energy it takes to keep up with a 2 and 3 year old.


With only one week left of my summer vacation, I am looking forward to getting some quality relaxing in. I'm not quite sure what that looks like just yet, but I know that it will involve finishing my book, a great bike ride, a trip to the Black Hills Playhouse and a few other fun things. Getting to spend time with my nieces and nephew has been a great highlight of the summer though!

4 comments:

CityGirl said...

And spending time with you was a highlight for us! I sure hope you have a wonderful last bit of vacation! Wow...I can't believe it's nearly over!

SPARKY said...

sounds nice. yes...kids take ALL your energy. some times i get to the end of my day and feel like dropping to the floor dramatically and putting the back of my hand to my forehead. i know... silly huh?

Angela said...

Yes, the summer is flying. You must start school early? It's amazing how much energy children suck out of you. When they are little, it is physically exhausting, when they hit those teens, it is mentally draining. I can seen little glimpses here and there, and I wouldn't trade my job for anything. Cram in those last few days of fun!!

Anonymous said...

I just spent two weeks with my lovely three year old. We slept in the same bed, traveled on airplanes, and long car rides together, and I am completely wore out! I am sending her back to preschool tomorrow so I may finish up my last week of vacation. I realized on this trip how much better my daughter does with some structure to her day. She is very excited to return to her routine, teachers, and friends. I never dreamed parenting would be this exhausting and this rewarding!