Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Here's to you.


The broad-shouldered, the knock-kneed, the pigeon-toed, the

small-breasted, the wide-hipped, the long-waisted, the

short-legged, the stocky and the skinny. And yes, even the perfectly proportioned.

May you live long, enjoy desserts and never stop laughing.


Blisters heal. Muscles recover. Friendship lasts a lifetime.


High heels have their place in the very back of the closet. If you can run a mile, you can run a marathon. There comes a time when you really need to replace your sports bra. No, really.

Consider this. Only one person wins.


Everyone else should have a rockin' good time.

Yes, you can talk and run at the same time. Chewing gum is the hard part. A little chocolate goes a long way.


Be yourself.


I got this little reminder off the back of my "see jane run" tshirt. It has been a good reminder for me this week when I haven't wanted to get out and train for the MCM. My sweet mom has been going with me on some of the long runs and I keep reminding her that if she can run/walk a mile, she can run/walk a marathon...


8 comments:

CityGirl said...

One step at a time...one mile at a time...that's what they say. You will do great. And way to go Sheri in helping her train!

Michelle Johnson said...

I'm glad you had a little inspiration! :) I need that. I made a workout list of songs and downloaded on my mp3 player. Then I danced around while I cleaned the kitchen! Tomorrow I hope to use it for some more formal exercise. :)

Angela said...

Those are some inspirational words I needed this morning. I'm not training for a marathon, but I've been in a bit of a slump the last few days. The monotany of unpacking boxes and setting up rooms is wearing on me. Too many moves for this girl!! I got up this morning, went on a long walk around the neighborhood (in the pouring rain), came home and ate a healthy breakfast, and now I read some great words of wisdom. Thanks for the uplift and I think it's great how your mom is going on some of your runs :) YOU GO GIRL!!!!!!!

lovinthefam said...

The workouts have been very pleasurable for me! I can't decide whether I like the long 'walks' or the bike rides better... I don't know about the "if you can walk a mile you can walk a marathon" thing, though. My tail drags after 5 miles!!!

Jasno! said...

I rode my bike to work this morning. Much more pleasant at 7:30am than 5:00pm at 90-some degrees. Three words, 'change of clothes'

Anonymous said...

"The label of “marathoner” has been awarded to those who went the distance under their own power, whether they ran, walked, crawled or tiptoed. When you cross that finish line, you’ve entered an elite group. About one tenth of one percent of the population has done it." ~ Jeff Galloway

fab5 said...

Just stopped in to say hi! We miss you in Idaho! I love the above post!

CityGirl said...

Can't wait for you to be able to blog again! I miss you!